Search Engine Optimization
The Seven Secret Skills of SEO Work
There is a lot of talk on the web regarding Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and how, if you just do this one action, you will be at the top of . If only it were that easy! In fact, now I believe there are seven distinct skills that a search engine optimiser needs to possess. Most people possess one or maybe two of these skills, very rarely do people possess all seven. In truth, to get au fait with all seven, people who are good at two of these need to actively develop the other skills. This takes time and effort, so if you are busy running your own business, do you really have the time to do this?
The seven skills that I believe are necessary for a SEO company are:
- Web Design - producing visually attractive pages
- HTML coding - developing spiderbot friendly coding that sits behind the web design
- Copy writing - producing the actual readable text on the page
- Marketing - what are the actual searches that are being used, what key words actually get more business for your company?
- An eye for detail - even the smallest errors can stop spiderbots visiting your site
- Patience - there is a time lag on any change you make, waiting is a virtue
- IT skills - an appreciation of how search engine programs and the algorithms that they use actually work
Can we assist your business? Just email us now with your site details and we'll have quick look and let you know what we can do for you.